In 1964, when the journey of the College was started in morning section solely meant for women then a common Central Library was shared by three sections (morning / day/ evening) of the College. In 1984 the College was rechristened as Rishi Bankim Chandra College for Women with separate Central Library. In recent years the college has extended its infrastructural facilities by constructing a new building to the east of its present campus with new well furnished Central Library on second floor.
The Central Library of the college is fully automated through KOHA: Integrated Library Management Software. The library is spacious with journal display rack and well lighted with filtered drinking water facilities. Presently the library has two adequate reading rooms with CC Camera. It has a stock of more than 15,000 books and various journals on different discipline; e-books and e-journals are also available through N-list membership. Beside this In-house publications of college are also available in institutional repository through D-Space software. On web library site is also liked with different URL address of scholarly communication. Library also provides access of web-OPAC. It has photocopy facility for students as well.
Library Rules and Regulation:
- The Central Library is open to teachers and students from 7.30 a.m. to 12.30 p.m. from Monday to Saturday.
- Books will be issued strictly in order of application / requisition slip. No book or periodical may be removed from the library unless the book has been registered at the issuing counter.
- Each student is provided with a Reading Room Card. In order to make use of the Reading Room services (Reference Service), students are required to produce their Reading Room cards.
- Library Card will be issued to students from the date of Admission upto 30th Sept. Students are asked to contact the Library immediately after Admission.
- Library Cards (Reading Room Card & Lending Cards) are non –transferable. Any Library Card, if lost, duplicate card may be issued with a fine of Rs. 10 each.
- Books can be borrowed for a period of 15th days. In case of delay a fine of 50 Paisa per day will be charged.
- Talking or eating is forbidden in and around the reading areas.
- Disregard of library rules, indiscipline and misbehavior will be render students liable to be refused access to the library.
- Departmental Library facilities are also available to the Honours Students as well as some lab. Oriented subjects for reference only.
- Book –Bank facilities is available to the needy and backward class students. 11.Subject- wise Question- Bank is also available in the library and department.
Library Staff (existing)
|Sl. No.||Name||Designation||Qualification||View Profile|
|1.||Tulima Dey||Librarian||Ph.D, M.L.I.Sc & M.A||View|
|2.||Sanjoy Datta||Non Professional||B.A.|
|3.||Payel Bhattacharya||Causal Staff||MA & MLISC|
|4.||Rinki Ghosh||Causal Staff||BA (Hons)|
Library at a Glance:
• Stock Room
• Reading Room (CCTV to be installed)
• Desktop facilities for student for access e- resource
• Lending Desk
• Filtered Drinking Water for students